Whisper's Diary

Sweating season is officially upon us! It's currently 91F but feels like 98F with humidity. I worked on limbs some today and only managed a little so far, but soaked my clothes through twice. I'm staying hydrated, using my squirt water bottle, my sheet to sleep in and so forth.

Tomorrow, I need to work on more limbs. I think I have more limbs to put out then I have time to do it.

I hate high humidity. Good for you, Tom getting this work done, but also for staying well hydrated. If you don't get all of the limbs out they can go next time, but if you do you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment :)

I hate high humidity. Good for you, Tom getting this work done, but also for staying well hydrated. If you don't get all of the limbs out they can go next time, but if you do you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment :)

I will surely try to get them all out, but I won't beat myself up if I don't. I have a hand grabber to pick up some limbs so I don't have to bend over so much. It broke, so I'm ordering a new one! I can't believe how useful it is to me. I use it all the time, but it was a really cheap one.

Assuming he's 20 years younger than you having so many health issues already must be rough.

He's 25 so about 33 younger than me, but he had stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma and between that and the treatment, kinda wrecked his body. He's not very good at physical things, but he's always checking on us while we sleep and asks if we need water and such. I was very impressed with the way he helped take care of my dad.

Gotta work on limbs again today. It didn't rain much last night if at all. We were under a severe thunderstorm watch until 10pm, but I don't think it rained. We're under a chance of severe weather again this afternoon. Tornado chances are pretty low. I'm thankful for that.

I am thinking of making a few purchases. (1) I need another hand grabber to replace the cheap one I had that broke. I had it over 15 years so I definitely got my money's worth out of it. I'm thinking of buying a 2 pack. (2) Also, I need to get something for heat rashes. As the weather gets hotter, I sweat and my thunder thighs rub together. Not a very good combination. (3) And I am thinking of buying a cooling blanket. I looked up some on Amazon. I've been sweating the past two nights. Last night, I slept with a regular sheet, but of course it didn't have any cooling effects, so I'm wondering if the cooling blanket would actually help. I'll think about everything and try and make a decision tonight. Money doesn't grow on trees and besides that I don't have an orchard, but we have a long summer ahead of us so I want to try and stay as cool as possible.

He's 25 so about 33 younger than me, but he had stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma and between that and the treatment, kinda wrecked his body. He's not very good at physical things, but he's always checking on us while we sleep and asks if we need water and such. I was very impressed with the way he helped take care of my dad.
Poor kid. Is he your sister's son? At least he has his heart in the right place it seems, and hopefully with time he'll feel better physically as well.

Poor kid. Is he your sister's son? At least he has his heart in the right place it seems, and hopefully with time he'll feel better physically as well.

He is my sister's son. He has a really good heart. He has a lot of problems with anxiety and neuropathy in his feet. So he can't stand long.

Your nephew sounds sweet & thoughtful. I hope his physical condition improves with time. That's sad at his age to be able to do so little, but lovely that he tries.
Do you have a small fan in your room, Tom? I haven't heard of a cooling blanket.

Your nephew sounds sweet & thoughtful. I hope his physical condition improves with time. That's sad at his age to be able to do so little, but lovely that he tries.
Do you have a small fan in your room, Tom? I haven't heard of a cooling blanket.

I do have a fan in my room. It is a vortex type fan and it works great. I can feel the air from 15 feet away if need be. I also have a small spritz bottle which I douse me and Harper down with and let the air from the fan evaporate it. That helps a lot. Last year was extremely hot. Hopefully this year is a little better, but I want to be more comfortable this year if possible. I went ahead and bought a cooling blanket and two hand grabbers. We got a lot of limbs out today. My sister helped. I drug everything from the backyard to the front yard. My sister stayed in place and cut the longer limbs down. And then I stacked them on the curb. She's not used to that kind of work, but it helped me from doing it all. I got out more than I hoped. It's possible I could have them all done tomorrow if it goes like today. My sister was home from work today so she saved me time and effort.

That sounds like a very productive day. It's always good to have someone helping out. I hope you get the job done tomorrow :)

I feel really good about the limbs now. The pile is about the size of a volkswagon beetle. It's compacted in. The only thing left is about 6-7 pieces of the stump, which are pretty heavy for us. If the limb pickup people don't come today, then late this afternoon, we will try and put some of those out.

Good news. I bought 2 much better quality hand grabbers and a cooling blanket. They were supposed to come Friday, but I recieved and email this morning and said they should be delivered today! Woohoo. I slept really bad last night, so I'll hopefully get to try the blanket out tonight.

I hope the blanket helps! Does it have metal in it or how does it cool you down?

I hope this is allowed. I bought this "Ailemei Cooling Blanket for Hot Sleepers" off of amazon. It looks like it cools through fibers. I'll find out. I had bought cooling pillows a couple of years ago and they work reasonable well.

"Ailemei Cooling Blanket for Hot Sleepers" - It feels really great. The feel of the material is really different to me. It's "weighted" also and quite comfortable. When I put it on I do feel an ever so slight chill. When it is like 90F in my room though, it doesn't feel very cool to me. So I would say it's ever so slightly better than a sheet.

I had bad nightmares last night and struggled to breath in my sleep so I was up early. Then because I wanted to eat something "good", I had two egg, cheese, and sausage homemade soft breakfast tacos with some dr pepper. None of that was really good for me. My stomach and heart feels like its doing the unhappy dance all day. This is what I call food-i-cide. It just makes me feel miserable. I know it's depression and such. The struggle is very real. I'm trying to make changes, but I feel like there is a greater force trying to make sure those changes don't happen.

So....in a never ending stream of fighting back, I developed yet anther idea to help get me motivated. For each good thing I do, I get 1 to 3 points depending on what I do, and for each bad thing I do I minus 1 to 3 points. Hopefully, in the end, the good will out number the bad. For instance, diet and walking and yard work are all good for me so I get 3 points each. Eggs and caffeine are really bad for me (makes me physically sick) so thats a -3 points each. I get 1 point for drinking a bottle of water. If I workout or do hernia exercises, I get 3 points. If I play on the two gambling sites (I've never used my own money. Money, what's that?), and I lose everything I will take off points. That's fair. What happens to me is I win quite a bit, but then end of giving it all back and that makes me feel bad. It's fun playing and fun winning, but not losing, and I need to put the brakes on to keep from losing it all. It's all mental right?

Good news / indifferent news - It's really starting to get hot. I sweat a lot so that helps water weight. I also lose a lot of my appetite so I'm not nearly as interested in eating. I also switch from soda to green tea, water, and Gatorade. Mainly Gatorade is for mowing days where I can easily sweat off 3 lbs of water weight, so I use the Gatorade to help recuperate. Now if I can follow my diet again, I should start losing some weight and feel better.

Back