Weigh Yourself Everyday (or frequently) Club

Back to 151.2 lbs!

I'm New here so hope to chat to everyone, I'm not very experienced with these forums...I weigh 6 stone 9 lbs currently....not sure of its a good plan to weigh yourself every day as I find it fluctuates so much, sometimes I put on a stone a like 2 days!! Any thoughts folks? Xx ☺

Hi guys! I am new to the site and I am loving what I'm seeing. I love the camaraderie and the support network that you guys have. I've been enjoying reading threads on others techniques and ways to stay motivated and see results. With that being said I like to interject something. Understand that in some instances weighing yourself old drive you nuts! Our bodies are in a constant state of flux throughout the day. Based on hydration what we eat and for women times of the month will affect our weight. If we have a meal that has higher carbohydrate content we will more than likely gain weight because water binds to carbohydrates. This in turn makes us heavier. On the flip side, have you ever noticed when you diet that in the first few days you drop up with of 5 to 10 lb? Again, water is a factor. The scale can be our best friend then turn around and stab us in the back. Granted it is one of the best ways to make our dieting and lifestyle changes more tangible, it can also deceive and frustrate us at the same time. Might I suggest along with weighing that perhaps you try on an outfit that may not for as well as you'd like it to. Or take photos of yourself. And along with weighing check back in with yourself periodically. Maybe as opposed to a goal "weight", perhaps a goal size. Aim for that size goal and see how your weight correlates. You may be surprised. Again I love what I see here and I'd like to thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Hey Tyson,
Nice to hear your motivational words! Would be great to hear some diet tips from everyone. I ate a massive bacon and egg sandwich for dinner today unfortunately!

Good work vicincali2. I understand what Tyson is saying about the body fluctuating, but I do like to weigh every day and at least know it if I'm going the wrong direction! Like today - if I've been up three days in a row (which I have) I know I better make some changes!

Thanks, aloe!

Back to 148.0! Was up to 153 lbs. my mom left so I recommitted to losing more weight. I've been walking and eating healthier.

146.0 lbs. Hopefully I’m 145 lbs tomorrow. I’m the lowest I’ve been in 2 years. When I make it to 145.0 lbs means that I’m back to a normal weight according to the BMI chart.

Hello! Joining in with you guys. Yesterday I was 210.6, today - 206! That's all water weight, so tomorrow probably won't be as much of a drop.

Back