Wordle and/or other word games.

Wordle 502 4/6
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I think I was getting a little smug & expecting to get 3s. I do love a 3!

It used to be a more common word. You did well to get it in 3, Llama. I feel like my brain has gone on holidays!

i thought i had it... then i thought i had it... then i thought i had it... lol.

Wordle 502 5/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 11.02.22.jpg

Last edited:
Wordle 504 in 2 again! First word STEAM.
i looked back over the past month that i've been saving my words and my best first guess has only been one green and one yellow (4 times). i have recently been trying different first words every day... surprising how many there are. still looking for a 2... or a one... ? :)

stats.jpg

surprising how many there are. still looking for a 2... or a one... ?
According to The Ledger:
The Free Dictionary lists more than 158,000 words with five letters. The the Official Scrabble Dictionary (which allows some pretty obscure five-letter words), puts the number at about 9,000.

But if some reasonable people come up with some commonly used five-letter words – piano, ouija, knoll, to mention a few – the list will be around 2,500. And at one word a day, that list will last a little shy of seven years.

If you keep using the same starter word and it hasn't been used yet a 1 is bound to happen eventually but with changing starter words it's unlikely for any one player. Although with millions of people playing it probably happens regularly for the game overall.

Wordle 505 3/6

🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

So close to a 2!

lots of yellow today... :)

Wordle 505 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

for the 4th word i was considering STALL (though in retrospect i nixed the L for the final letter in the first word) and now i wish i had tried that. i'm guessing that the second L would have been yellow...? it would be weird to see a word with 4 green and one yellow square ... no?

Wordle 11.05.22.jpg

Last edited:
If you keep using the same starter word and it hasn't been used yet a 1 is bound to happen eventually but with changing starter words it's unlikely for any one player. Although with millions of people playing it probably happens regularly for the game overall.

is there a list of all the words used so far somewhere?

Wordle 505 - got it in 3. Had all the letters in 2, just in the wrong order.
four days ago my first word contained ALL the letters of today's word with only two letters switched... oh well... :)

i fear my saving old games will prove to be more frustrating than useful ... lol.

Back