rebooting my health

Welcome to the forum Someday. Do you have a specific plan to reach that size 32?

You will find that weighing in often is not what we are really about. You can use your diary however you like. It's yours :)

I have been eating those goli apple cider and vinegar gummies and I dont know if they are doing anything but they are very very sweet. They are definitely good for a sweet tooth craving. 2 of those and you won't crave any sugar for 3 or 4 days. I usually drink Coke Zero but im switching to water. I dont think fake sugar helps the soda calories.

thanks all for visiting my log. I will update in a week as ive heard weighing in every day can be disheartening.
You should figure out what works best for you. For me logging in and reporting my food and exercise every day is essential to making it work, I suggest trying that for a while.

As to weighing, again do what works for you, I think the majority here don't weigh everyday, but some do, I do. It takes some getting used to, normal weight bounces around a good bit day to day mostly water retention, fat loss or gain takes a while to show up.
I have been eating those goli apple cider and vinegar gummies and I dont know if they are doing anything but they are very very sweet. They are definitely good for a sweet tooth craving. 2 of those and you won't crave any sugar for 3 or 4 days.
Never heard of them, so I looked them up. At 25 calories each two every few days to reduce sugar cravings sounds like a good thing. I may try and find some, though my cravings are not sugar specific.
I usually drink Coke Zero but im switching to water. I dont think fake sugar helps the soda calories.
I am sure water is better for you, and its cheaper. Again if it works for you do it!

The reason artificially sweetened beverages have fewer calories is that the fake sugars they use taste about 100 times as sweet as sugar and they therefore only have to use a tiny, tiny amount. Some people do get sweet cravings if they drink sweet things though, and if that's you it definitely makes sense to switch to water. Which is delicious and - as Rob said - healthy and cheap.

Im really angry I thought I had my calories in check yesterday until I read a post about what 200 calories looks like for different foods. I had no eaten breakfast and than ate about 600 calories for dinner. I thought I was gtg with a snack and ate a ton of peanut butter on toast. When I surfed the web after it showed peanut butter was super dense with calories. a half a teaspoon was 200 calories. That little "snack" ended up being about 900 calories that I ate. I am not eating peanut butter anymore it's just too calorie dense. Im going to pick up some celery next time im at the store and eat them plain for a snack.

Llama - I am adjusting to water instead of Coke Zero well. The water is very refreshing when I can drink it ice cold. afternoons I freeze a bottle of water and take it out about 1 hour before bed. then if I wake up during the night thirsty its still ice cold and stays cold during he night.

Last edited:
Getting an understanding of calories takes some time. I use https://www.myfitnesspal.com/en/ not perfect but it really helps me.

I eat a lot of peanut butter, and it is calorie dense, but not quite that dense. It has about 100 calories per tablespoon, not teaspoon. Half a teaspoon is not much, about 15 calories. It varies a bit depending on the brand and type. You can usually find the calories on the jar. But giving up peanut butter never hurt anyone.

Stick with it, you can make this work!

Thanks for the encouragement alligatorob.

I just found this on the web https://www.nutritionix.com/
you just type in the food and it tells you the info. It seems to be good for me so I can see realistically what Im eating calorie wise. my weight has been down since first weight in on July 1st. Im still going to wait a week to see what the total is before I update my weight. Also Happy 4th of July everyone.

I just found this on the web https://www.nutritionix.com/
you just type in the food and it tells you the info. It seems to be good for me so I can see realistically what Im eating calorie wise. my weight has been down since first weight in on July 1st. Im still going to wait a week to see what the total is before I update my weight. Also Happy 4th of July everyone.
I went to your link and that looks to me like a very good way to track calories. It helps to try and get the calories as right as you can, but for me just tracking is what matters most, precision is much less important.

Hope you lose weight, and it sounds like you have and should show it in your first week. Just don't get too obsessed with weight, it goes up and down. Losing fat is what matters and so long as you eat fewer calories than you burn you will be losing fat.

its 10pm and Im craving sharp cheese and crackers. I wish it was something sweeter I was craving because I could just eat the goli gummies I have. I keep trying to reason with myself why it's okay to eat the sharp cheese and crackers. My calories are where I need them to be so I will just try and ignore the craving as much as I can.

My tiny Mum often had 3 crackers in the evening if she felt peckish. Just 3 & no cheese. I have started doing that & it seems to satisfy the cravings (hunger?) without adding many calories. I just had some crackers & cheese as a part of my lunch with a bowl of vegetable soup & enjoyed them.

I thought maybe breaking the sliced cheese in half so It wouldn't be so bad. I think it was the cheese I was craving more than the cracker. I was able to work through it.

llama - it could have been the protein. maybe I can make up for it today.
Cate - I wasn't hungry when I was craving the cheese and crackers I think it was an actual cheese craving. maybe I can do the same and work it into a meal today.

Back