Calluses on palms from lifting...

For a while now when I lift heavy it's been ripping some skin off above the palm of my hand, below each finger theres a circular callus where the skin keeps ripping off when i lift, its kinda gross. is this normal, or should i start wrapping a towel around the bar,

Calluses on palms from lifting...

Sweeeeeet. Thats how you know you are headed in the right direction. :D

I prefer lifting gloves, but I'm delicate like a flower.

Yeah your a flower all right. Mine hands are hard now from physical work and lifting I have absoutely no problems ever getting a blister.

The bigger your calluses the better!

If you didn't get them I'd be worried. The only time they ever bothered me was one started to bleed under the skin.

My Girlfriend hates them, I'm not allowed near her if she's wearing stockings or tights :D

Mine can cut glass.

It's perfectly normal though and if they bother you that much you can get some lifting gloves or use a towel or straps, depending on the lift.

It's normal... and even lifting gloves can always prevent them, though they can reduce the severity of the calluses. If it's really bothering you, then I recommend using one of those rough stones sold to remove calluses and a good lotion.

I was just curious whether it was alright to have them, i actually like them as well, they make me feel like i am an actual weight lifter..next time i see someone who says they lift weights i'm going to ask " Let me see your palms "

It's normal... and even lifting gloves can always prevent them, though they can reduce the severity of the calluses. If it's really bothering you, then I recommend using one of those rough stones sold to remove calluses and a good lotion.

During the throwing season that's kinda' what we do. While we're in the shower, we'll shave the calluses down so they don't tear off and we have bleeding hands all over the throwing implements.

chalk FTW. doubt it stops them but so far it has stop me ripping my callouses again and getting blood all over the oly bar when doing rack pulls and forcing me to finish the sets with tissue in one hand

I agree with the others that say to take them down a little to keep them from ripping. you can use a stone or shave 'em I've picked them or used scissors in a pinch

I get calluses from masturbating. Anyone have any advice? Also, can someone tell me how to view this web page in larger print?

Hold down the 'control' key while turning the scroll wheel on your mouse to change the page size. That is, if both hands are free.

I get calluses from masturbating. Anyone have any advice? Also, can someone tell me how to view this web page in larger print?

DUDE, how the hell do you get calluses from masturbating? Loosen the grip maybe?

Back